The Artsmark Journey
Mrs R Reed, head teacher of Chantry Primary School Bexhill, explains the journey to becoming an Artsmark school.
Congratulations to Chantry Primary School in Bexhill for being the only East Sussex school to have received a Platinum Arts Mark - keep up the creative work!
To find out more about Chantry Primary Schools journey to getting Artsmark contact HRAEN at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England.
- Artsmark provides a clear framework for teachers to plan, develop and evaluate arts, culture and creativity across the curriculum.
- Schools are supported throughout their Artsmark journey by our network of local delivery partners, providing training, advice, practical teaching resources and introductions to leading cultural organisations in your area.
- Schools are awarded Silver, Gold or Platinum, based on their achievements.
- Artsmark has a common sense application process that is light on paperwork and flexible to each school.
Benefits to schools:
- Access to exceptional resources as well as networks of the country's most treasured cultural organisations, helping them develop and strengthen their arts provision.
- Evidence of how a school is meeting its social, moral, cultural and spiritual requirements for OFSTED.
- Endorses and highlights a schools high quality arts and cultural offer.
Benefits to students:
- Builds the confidence, resilience and drive that will help children grow into happy, articulate, successful young people.
- Arts and culture unlock potential helping children and young people develop character and talent, knowledge and understanding.
- Gives every child the opportunity to create, compose and perform, gain knowledge and understanding, and to visit, experience and participate in extraordinary work.