Why Network Meetings?
- Schools and teachers can find it hard to quickly find relevant information on new cultural opportunities and events.
- HRAEN scours the cultural landscape and brings education based opportunities the network meetings introducing teachers to the individuals leading projects.
- We present new ideas to support classroom creative practice with art practioners at each network meeting suggesting new ways of taking culture into the classroom.
- We offer up networking opportunities between teachers, artists and cultural organisations so we start to work as a team, all knowing the relevant individuals in the local arts and education landscape from which we can confidently work with each other to develop projects.
- We encourage peer to peer support, be that teachers, cultural education leads or artists, sharing ideas and experiences can be inspiring and supportive.
- We open up a wider pool of schools for cultural organisations to work with rather than just limiting themselves to those they have previously worked with or are closest.
- We want to open up the debate, challenge, develop, enable and offer our young people the best cultural experiences we can give them.