The Children's Art and Education Foundation
What is CAEF?
CAEF is an exciting new charity based on the outskirts of Hastings, in a beautiful rural location known as Rodgers Farm. It has been founded and financed by internationally famous film and theatre costume designer John Bright, whose long-held dream it has been to develop a new resource for children from socially deprived backgrounds and for those with disabilities.
The Rodgers Farm site is being developed to include a small museum of childhood, with a performance space and workshop. The core display pieces will be taken from John Bright's own extensive collection of children's artefacts, puppets and toys. The small theatre will make it possible to demonstrate many of the performance possibilities of the collection.
Over time Rodgers Farm will be able to house a range of exhibitions and events, with both a local and national focus. The immediate aim is to build up a network of contacts with schools and charities within the local area and look to work with them collaboratively to create a programme of fun learning experiences for a range of children with different levels of need.
Operational Development & Marketing Manager
Based at: Based at Rodgers Farm, Hastings with occasional meetings in London.
Accountable to CAEF Managers: Chris Garlick and Christine Hill
To facilitate the establishment, development and day-to-day running of CAEF.
To work with the managers to develop:
* an operational framework for the Foundation to progress with due diligence and good governance, ensuring all policies and procedures are up to date and put into practise.
* an operational plan for marketing CAEF, to include PR & Communications and Events.
* To operationally manage the day to day activities of CAEF.
* To connect and build partnerships with those working with children, ensuring positive and productive relationships with local councils, local and national charities, local schools and Associations.
* To develop the Foundation's public presence in terms of website & social media. Day to day maintenance of website and social media.
* To oversee operations of the day-to-day running of the charity.
* To plan, co-ordinate and implement development opportunities.
* To undertake activities as directed by the Trustees (eg Open Day, the Launch).
* To promote the work of CAEF, representing the Foundation and building a local presence in meetings and events.
* To develop an on-going marketing strategy including managing a website and social media.
* To identify potential funding opportunities and undertake funding applications as needed.
* To maintain clear records for all activities within CAEF.
* To report to CAEF managers regarding operational issues and help collate information to present to the Trustees Board.
* Day to day management and co-ordination of CAEF staff, consultants, contractors and volunteers.
* Can demonstrate you have sympathy and passion for the core values of the constitution of the Children's Art and Education Foundation.
* Have a proven track record in the role of charity development.
* Experience of organising promotional events.
* Have a good understanding of the social and educational issues relating to the local area. This is desirable but not essential.
* Have extensive experience of working with children in arts education.
* Experience in marketing and working with the media in the charity sector.
* Have a proven ability to undertake the efficient management of relevant development projects.
* Have a proven ability to be able to work on own initiative.
* Have a high standard of organisational, written and oral communication skills.
* Are able to inspire and engage others - being a confident face to face communicator.
* Are technically competent with IT systems including email and Microsoft (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
* Have a driver's licence and own vehicle.
Closing Date: 5.00 pm Friday 19th July.
For further details and to make an application contact Chris Garlic at Chris@cosprop.com<mailto:Chris@cosprop.com> or on 0207 561 7300
These updates are provided by the HRAEN steering group and comprise information we feel will be most useful to the HRAEN members. Please note that though we want to spread the word about creative activity much of what appears here has not been quality checked by HRAEN and consequently HRAEN does not systematically endorse the projects on this page.
Arts Council England
De La Warr Pavilion
East Sussex Arts Award
Hastings Borough Council
Hastings Museum & Art Gallery
Pallant House Gallery
Rother District Council
South East Bridge
The Pier HUB
White Rock Theatre